The Redmond School District’s Dual Language (DL) program is a core educational program that offers academic content in two languages: English and Spanish. DL models are supported by over 20 years of research and are highly regarded as one of the most effective educational programs. The DL program starts at Redmond Early Learning Center (RELC) in kindergarten and continues to Sage Elementary for first through fifth grade.
BENEFITS OF DUAL LANGUAGE
- Students become bilingual, biliterate and develop cultural competency to succeed in a global society.
- Students are taught the same academic content and standards as all other educational programs.
- DL students tend to outperform their non-immersion peers on academic achievement tests in English.
- Historically underserved students, especially English learners, attain greater academic success when they participate in a DL program.
- People who are bilingual demonstrate greater cognitive flexibility, increased attention control, better memory, and superior problem solving skills as well as enhanced understanding of their primary language.
- Many local and global employers need a multilingual workforce to remain competitive.
To learn more about this program you are invited to attend the following meeting:
Tuesday, May 21, 2019 5:30-6:30 p.m. – Redmond Early Learning Center
For questions contact Brittaney Cocciolo at 541-923-8259 or firstname.lastname@example.org.