The Redmond School District’s Dual Language Immersion (DLI) program is a core educational program that offers academic content in two languages: English and Spanish. DLI models are supported by over 20 years of research and are highly regarded as one of the most effective educational programs. The DLI program will start at Redmond Early Learning Center (RELC) during the 2017-18 school year with two kindergarten classes and will continue at Sage Elementary to eventually become a K-5 model.
BENEFITS OF DLI
- Students become bilingual, biliterate and develop cultural competency to succeed in a global society.
- Students are taught the same academic content and standards as all other educational programs.
- DLI students tend to outperform their non-immersion peers on academic achievement tests in English.
- Historically underserved students, especially English learners, attain greater academic success when they participate in a DLI program.
- People who are bilingual demonstrate greater cognitive flexibility, increased attention control, better memory, and superior problem solving skills as well as enhanced understanding of their primary language.
- Many local and global employers need a multilingual workforce to remain competitive.
For questions contact Brittaney Cocciolo at 541-923-8259 or email@example.com.